"Healing Art Project" - WORKSHOPThe Miodowa gallery was established in 1994 at the outpatient ward of the Chair of Psychiatry, Collegium, Medicum, Jagiellonian University and has been managed till now by the painter Małgorzata Bundzewicz.
The gallery exhibits works of professional artists and those who work at the Miodowa studio. From the very beginning of its activity, the Miodowa gallery has been an important venue in the artistic environment of Kraków thanks to its numerous exhibitions (twenty-eight in number) of Polish and foreign artists. Some exhibitions were designed and created especially for the gallery, e.g. the exhibition of drawings by the German artist Harald Herrmann (1998), entitled Composition for the Miodowa Gallery. Several exhibitions became major events in the artistic life of Kraków.Moreover, the gallery displays the works made during art workshops conducted by professional artists as part of the "Healing Art. Project". The project is an attempt to gather artistically gifted people who work intensely for five days, ten hours daily, in a specially arranged interior and have to consider a defined subject-matter. The exhibition called "The Mask" consisted of works created in this way.The gallery co-operates with major sponsoring institutions such as the Goethe Institute, the Nuremberg House and the Centre of Jewish Culture. It also takes part in Jewish Culture Festivals. The objective of the gallery is to present the problem of possibility of communication through art. By exhibiting the works of uniquely sensitive people we hope to strengthen them artistically and to show them a way towards ordinary life. In the future we plan to hold a series of exhibitions of professional artists who work as therapists in various psychiatric institutions both in Poland and abroad. We have already established contacts with such artists from Copenhagen, Chicago, Köln, Darmstadt and Suwałki.
1. "Look": exhibition of works by the Miodowa studio artists (Jerzy Bajkowski, Anna Baka, Małgorzata Bundzewicz, Andrzej D±bek, Krystyna Eminowicz, Maryla Wojnar, Dorota Wypich), December 1994, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
2. "Women in the colours of crayons" by Alina du Buit , April 1995, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
3. "Lost landscapes" by Małgorzata Bundzewicz, June 1995, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
4. Exhibition of paintings by Włodek Szewczyk, October 1995 Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
5. Drawings and watercolours by Anna Baka, November 1995, Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
6. "Anhelli'95.Don't trample upon angels (prologue)": performance by Małgorzata Koinorowska, poems by Łukasz Korona,November-December 1995, Kraków, ul.Miodowa 9
7. "Draperies: painting and textile" by Maciej Le¶niak, December 1995, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
8. "Angel cats on a sofa": paintings by Dorota Wypich, February-March 1996, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
9."Reminiscence": paintings by Wojciech Żurek, May 1996, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
10. "Transparent reality": loud pre-publication book reading by Małgorzata Misiewicz, 18 June 1996, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
11. "Father's return": paintings and installations by Harald Herrmann, June 1996 (during the Sixth Jewish Culture Festival), Kraków, Miodowa 9.
12. "Being between two steps": paintings and drawings by the Miodowa studio artists, October 1996, Kraków, Rynek Główny 20, the Goethe Institute.
13. "Through music to oneself": a music night (Małgorzata Szpatkowska, Michał Stęczewski, Piotr Tornasik), 29 November 1996, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
14."Loneliness and friends": drawings and watercolours by Anna Baka, December 1996, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
15. "Bird-likes" [Ptaszelisko]: drawings by Maria Zięba, February 1997, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
16. Poetry reading by Bogdan Bryg, 11 March 1997, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
17. "Still life": paintings by the Miodowa studio artists, April 1997, Kraków, Miodowa 9.
18. "Around the district of Kazimierz": drawings and paintings by the Miodowa studio artists, July-August 1997 (during the VII Jewish Culture Festival), Kraków, Miodowa 9.
19. "Impressions": paintings by the Miodowa studio artists, September 1997, the Chair of Psychiatry, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University; the Kraków Neuropsychiatric Hospital, ward 7A; Inkwizytor cafe, Kraków, ul. Kanonicza 1.
20. "From the Miodowa gallery archives": paintings and drawings, October-November 1997, Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
21. "Leaves from a journal" by Wiesław Szumiński, "Drawings" by Jerzy Dimitruk, January 1997, Kraków, Galeria Sienna 5
22. "Meetings II": paintings and drawings by the Miodowa studio artists, December 1997, Kraków, Galeria Sienna 5
23. "Bolek Greczyński: an obituary", May 1998, Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
24."Mask": on the fifth anniversary of the activities of occupational therapy workshops at the Adult Psychiatry Clinic, May 1998, Kraków, ul.Skaleczna Galeria Domu Norymberskiego
25. Monotypes by the Miodowa studio artists, September-October 1998, Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
26. "Composition for the Miodowa gallery": drawings by Harald Herrmann, October 1998, Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
27."The Mask, continued": sculptures and paintings by the Miodowa studio artists, November 1998. Kraków, ul. Miodowa 9
28. Drawings by Beata Kuklewska and Bernard Homzik, February 1999
29. " Landscapes" (watercolours) by Przemek Szarek, March 1999
30. Paintings by Christine Bruley, April 1999
31. Paintings by Wiesław Szumiński, July-August 1999
32. Drawings and paintings by Jerzy Kowal, August-September 1999
33. "Interior garden": pastels by Joanna Budyń-Kamykowska, November-December 1999
34. Exhibition of the Miodowa studio artists in Suwałki, in the gallery called ‘Dom bez klamek’ [House with no doorknobs, i.e. mental hospital].
35. Exhibition of the Miodowa studio artists in Vilnius, February 1999
36.Exhibition of works by four generations of the Dużyk family, February 2000
37. "Landscapes of my everyday life": sculptures and pastels by Jadwiga Noworól, April 2000
38. " Miodowa art studio": sculptures by the participants of art workshops, June 2000
39. Paintings by the artist S.G., October 2000
40. "Two dragons" art workshops, October-November 2000
41. Paintings by Viola Pietkun, November 2000